Are metal-free/full zirconia restorations possible?
- Replacement of conventional (precious) metal-based restorations
with zirconia is entirely possible, but should only be carried out
by dental technicians who have undertaken special training in this
- Zirkonzahn has also developed a new material called Prettau
Zirconia. It displays a high amount of translucency and is very
attractive for use in 100% full-zirconia restorations. Colouring
requires a special technique which needs to be learned.
- Yes, if the physical properties of zirconia are considered and it’s
parameters observed correctly, a trained dental technician can
produce such restorations
- Zirkonzahn has no reservations about knife-edge preparations in
particular. Any preparation style is possible.
- No special prep technique required.
- Zirconia abrasives i.e diamonds are recommened